NestledinaBook

Nestled in a Book

I love Romance, New Adult, and Erotica books. I love sharing the books and authors that I love with people who have that in common or others who might not have ever known about them.

Missionary Position

4.5 Stars!

I finished reading the last page of Missionary Position by Daisy Prescott and let out a contented sigh, a large grin on my face. I loved this book, and for so many reasons. The way that Selah first meets Gerhard and Kai is cute, fun, and different. Her adventures to Amsterdam and Ghana are enthralling, and you really feel like you're tagging along on a once-in-a-lifetime experience. It's a nice change of pace to read a love story about a 40-something woman who's independent, hard-working, and knows what she wants. It's also so much fun to see her be proven wrong.

Selah Elmore is a professor of the human form and embarks on a six month expedition to Ghana to study sculpture and art, but on her way she makes a stop in Amsterdam. That's precisely where she's headed, still in the airport in fact, when she meets an intriguing woman who insists that Selah meet up with her brother when she arrives.

Enter Gerhard. He's a sexy, suit-wearing banker and exactly what Selah has been avoiding due to her past experiences. That is, until she spends some time with him and realizes that underneath the suit, he's actually pretty great. He's extremely sexy, engaging, funny, and interesting. He sweeps Selah off her feet during her short time in Amsterdam, and when he leaves her at the airport, she's left wondering how she got so attached in such a short amount of time and if she will ever see him again.

Selah arrives in Ghana, prepared to spend the next six months there. Ms. Prescott does a fantastic job during this portion of the book making you really feel like you're there. I saw the things Selah saw, tasted the food she ate, made friends with the people she talked to, and learned a lot about an entirely different way of life.

When the woman she's staying with insists that she meet a man named Kai, who visits often, Selah doesn't show much interest. She's still thinking about a certain alluring Dutchman that haunts her dreams and graces her private fantasies. But when Kai unexpectedly shows up, she's powerless to resist his charms. He's adventurous, funny, smart, altruistic, charming, and sexy. He takes her on adventures and teaches her new things, not the least of which is something about herself. He makes all of her preconceived notions and foregone conclusions about herself go right out the window. He surprises and scares her.

But the time for both of them to go home comes before long and now Selah is left changed by both Gerhard and Kai. Who does she end up with - Gerhard or Kai? Or is she merely left forever changed to write her own future, one she never imagined possible before?

Missionary Position is a captivating story about life, love, supernova hot sex, and an exciting and unintentional quest for self-discovery. I loved Selah. She's funny, independent, strong, and a genuinely good person. I felt like I was her best friend quietly tagging along on her life-changing adventure. Daisy Prescott did an absolutely fantastic job with this book. I'm a huge fan of hers. I first read Ready to Fall and while it's one of my all-time favorites (review here), Missionary Position was by no means a let-down. I'm often afraid when I discover a book that I love that the author got lucky and struck gold once and any book that follows won't live up. But lucky for me, and you, and everybody else, it's Daisy who is gold. She's remarkably talented and I'm in love with the beautiful tales that she weaves.

Don't miss out on this awe-inspiring, sweet, sexy, romantic story. You won't be sorry. Bravo, Ms. Prescott! You've wooed me all over again!

This is a spin-off novel but you do not have to read Geoducks are for Lovers or Ready to Fall prior to reading this book.

Connect with Nestled in a Book