NestledinaBook

Nestled in a Book

I love Romance, New Adult, and Erotica books. I love sharing the books and authors that I love with people who have that in common or others who might not have ever known about them.

Beside Your Heart

Saint Kate of the Cupcake: The Dangers of Lust and Baking - L.C. Fenton 4.5 STARS!

A hilarious, smile- and laugh-inducing, sassy ride from start to finish. It reminded me a lot of the works of Alice Clayton, Emma Chase, Cora Carmack, or a toned-down Tara Sivec.  Some of my most favorite authors!  How could I not love it?

Emma's character was very likable.  She's independent, strong, witty, and driven.  She has hilarious friends...

"That is what BFF stands for, you know: Best Friend Forever, not Being Frigging Forgotton."

...and is an expert at witty banter...

"So... probably not my Prince Charming then, you think?" I smile.
"You know, Emma, you kiss enough frogs and you end up with HPV."
"Pretty sure that's only toads and warts."

If you've read enough of my reviews then you know that I'm a sucker for good witty banter. That's more than likely not even the best example, but it's one of the only ones I remembered to highlight while engrossed in this book. I was too busy laughing to remember that I would eventually need to write a review.

So, with as much desire to handle objects as is typically reserved for radioactive isotopes, I reach in and grab out whatever is nearest
the top.
Electric blue coordinated bra and panty set. Nice.
Plum and lavender inset bustier with matching cheekies. I will wear this one some day soon just for me.
A bra so padded it could double as a Muppet. I would have to refer to my breasts as Kermit and Fozzie.
Hot pink fishing line.
Oh, wait. It's a thong.
I cannot be expected to wear a thong. I am not a stick figure. Thongs ride up my butt crack. The removal of undergarments is not supposed to launch a full scale search and rescue operation. I refuse to go spelunking just to take off my undies.

Alaric Canon is the office asshole whose ability to drive away assistants is the entertainment and betting grounds of many coworkers, including Emma. Emma has been attracted to him since Day 1, but he doesn't seem to know she exists. She is determined to be noticed. When a big time deal is looming and Alaric needs a reliable assistant, Emma gets her wish. There's no way she can't be noticed when she's assigned temporarily as his assistant. But he's a grade A asshole and it's not going to be a walk in the park.

Nothing can get me righteously pissed off faster. Do not pass go. Do not collect your teeth from the floor.

My only complaint is that it seemed to go very quickly from I hate you, you miserable asshole and You are a worthless assistant to I love you.  There was so much bulid-up over Alaric being an insufferable human being that I felt the ascent to love, or even like, should have been a slower climb.

But this book was like watching your favorite romantic comedy for the first time. You know the one. The one starring Sandra Bullock or Katherine Heigl or Kristen Wiig. The one that you have to watch every time it's on TV. And you smile and laugh the whole way through it. It holds a special place in your heart. That's this book.