NestledinaBook

Nestled in a Book

I love Romance, New Adult, and Erotica books. I love sharing the books and authors that I love with people who have that in common or others who might not have ever known about them.
I'm sooooo sad that it's over! A word of advice: If you read this book, and you should, do so slowly and make sure you soak in every word. Savor it, don't devour it. It's like the most delicious chocolate cake you've ever had and you love it so much that you nearly swallow it whole, and then feel like crying because it's gone. Savor it!

I knew when I first discovered this book that I would love it. There is something so special that Kristen Ashley puts into her books that no else can. It's something that can't be put into words. It's just there, like a living being within the book and it grabs ahold of you, pulls you under until you're immersed in the characters and the world that they live in, feeling everything that they feel, your heart feeling like it's on the verge of bursting with every word, until you read the last page and it's so warm and full that it feels heavy in your chest. Every time I finish a KA book, I sit unseeing in stunned silence, soaking it all in and trying to wrap my head and my heart around what I just experienced. Because that's exactly it. You don't read a Kristen Ashley book, you experience it.

Get ready for an experience.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that The Will is my favorite Kristen Ashley book I've ever read. I've loved every single one of her books but this one just has something. It's going right up on my All-Time Favorites shelf.

Josie survived a childhood that nobody should ever have to endure. Everyone she'd loved or who should have loved her in her life harmed her, with the one sole exception of her Gran, Lydia. Lydia was the one person who got a glimpse at the true Josie, knew her heart and her dreams. She kept those things hidden from everyone else. When Lydia passes away, it's all Josie can do to keep standing while the one person she truly had in life is gone.

She resolves to take care of matters and quickly return to her life, but unbeknownst to her, Lydia had other plans for her granddaughter. Josie is the only living family member that Lydia had any contact with, so it's a surprise when not only is she not the only one mentioned in the will, but the only other person is a man she has never laid eyes on before. Well, not before the funeral anyway. What Lydia's will says turns Josie's world upside down.

Jake Spear is the tall, dark, and handsome man who is the recipient of Lydia's most priceless and precious possession. Josie is confused and angry and still reeling from her Gran's loss as Jake and his three kids enter her life like a hurricane. They spin everything around, turn everything over, and change her mind about nearly everything that had always been a foregone conclusion. And while she's busy trying to figure out how she's going to live a life significantly changed and what it is that she wants, she's also surprising the hell out of everyone else. Although she's proper (to laughable extents many times) and poised, she's also a force to be reckoned with, and she does her fair share of turning everyone else's world upside down.

The Will is a spectacularly beautiful story that holds a huge, soft, gooey, place in my heart. I mean big. It took up residence and it's not leaving.

"You good?" he asked into the top of my hair.

I stared at the shadowed wall of his chest.

"Josie?" he called when I didn't answer.

"I'm afraid," I admitted softly.

His arms pulled me closer and I felt his lips on my hair when he answered, "Beat that back, honey. No reason to be scared. Not with me."

Connect with Nestled in a Book