NestledinaBook

Nestled in a Book

I love Romance, New Adult, and Erotica books. I love sharing the books and authors that I love with people who have that in common or others who might not have ever known about them.

All the Pretty Lies (Pretty, #1)

All the Pretty Lies (Pretty, #1) - M. Leighton 4.5 Stars!

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It was on my to-read shelf for a long time, but with All the Pretty Poses coming out soon, I decided to give it a read. And as it usually goes, I could kick myself for not reading it sooner. M. Leighton did a fantastic job with this book.

Hemi is a bit of a bad boy. He's been with his fair share of women (probably a few guys' fair share) and makes no apologies for it.

I want a woman who knows what she wants and how to get it. And one who knows where the door is before I get out of the bathroom. They're the kind I've always sought out, and the only kind I have room for in my life.

He doesn't do sleepovers and breakfast. He has tattoos and spends his days giving other people tattoos. But he's looking for justice for his family, biding his time until the truth is uncovered.

Sloane is the epitome of a good girl. How can she be anything but an innocent virgin when she lives with her brothers and her father, all of whom are cops who protect her fiercely. When Sloane turns twenty-one, she decides that she isn't going to let her family keep her from living any longer. Her first act of rebellion is to get a tattoo. Who else would she have tattoo her other than the hotter-than-hot Hemi?

"This is your first time, isn't it?" He's not watching me when he asks; therefore he can't see the color that burns in my cheeks. He has no idea how right he is. In many ways. Being the daughter of a cop and the little sister to three more makes dating a challenge to say the least. Add to that all that happened when I was little, and you get a twenty-one year old virgin. To tattoos as well most everything else, too.

Sloane is an art major and when she decides to try her hand as a tattoo artist, she asks Hemi to be her guide. The pair form an unlikely friendship, but attraction and passion bubble just under the surface. The more she gets to know him, the more she suspects that he has secrets. But Sloane has her own.

Whatever secrets Hemi has are his to keep and his to share. Just like mine are. We all have our reasons for hiding things. I, of all people, can't deny someone else theirs.

Hemi can just barely keep his hands off of the virginal beauty, and Sloane can only keep from begging him to touch her for so long before their spark ignites an inferno. But when something happens that puts Sloane and her entire family in imminent danger and secrets are finally revealed, all she can feel is hurt, lies, and betrayal.

Hemi makes it his mission to make it up to her, to prove that she was never meant to be collateral damage. But then tragedy strikes Sloane's family once more since the passing of her mother. You have to pick up the book yourself to find out what happens!