NestledinaBook

Nestled in a Book

I love Romance, New Adult, and Erotica books. I love sharing the books and authors that I love with people who have that in common or others who might not have ever known about them.
Review posted on my blog - Nestled in a Book

3 1/2 sexy stars!

I really need to start taking notes as I'm reading. I think that I'm going to remember all of my thoughts by the end and I don't! Fixed on You was a quick read that had me intrigued from the first chapter.

Hudson Pierce is sexy and mysterious and his troubled past had me rooting for him the entire way. I loved his character. His mother, on the other hand... I wanted to put a campfire out with her face. But I suppose that was the point.

Alayna Withers' character is what I have to credit with keeping this story a half star away from a 4. Her character kind of turned me off a bit, I didn't necessarily care if she got her happy ending for a good portion of the story. I know her past and weaknesses were meant to portray her as someone who'd been hurt and was a bit broken but instead she came off closer to a spoiled brat who went a bit crazy over some past boyfriends. The author tried to sell it as an "addiction" but for whatever reason I didn't buy it. Sometimes she came off so strong, I wish she would have shown that strength more often.

This was a fun read, I enjoyed it. It was entertaining, sexy and interesting. I'm looking forward to reading the second installment in Hudson and Alayna's story, Found in You.

17828418

Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Stalking and restraining orders are a thing of Alayna Wither’s past. With her MBA newly in hand, she has her future figured out—move up at the nightclub she works at and stay away from any guy who might trigger her obsessive love disorder. A perfect plan.

But what Alayna didn’t figure on is Hudson Pierce, the new owner of the nightclub. He’s smart, rich, and gorgeous—the kind of guy Alayna knows to stay away from if she wants to keep her past tendencies in check. Except, Hudson’s fixed his sights on her. He wants her in his bed and makes no secret of it.

Avoiding him isn’t an option after he offers a business proposition she can’t turn down and she’s drawn further into his universe, unable to resist his gravitational pull. When she learns Hudson has a dark history of his own, she realizes too late that she’s fallen for the worst man she could possibly get involved with. Or maybe their less than ideal pasts give them an opportunity to heal each other and finally find the love their lives have been missing.