NestledinaBook

Nestled in a Book

I love Romance, New Adult, and Erotica books. I love sharing the books and authors that I love with people who have that in common or others who might not have ever known about them.

Play

Play - Kylie Scott

"It's fate, Anne. Written in the stars. Leave it the fuck alone."

If I had a graphic for 6 stars (or 6 flags, whatever), I would use it for the first time on this book.  This book evoked so many emotions for me.  It was fall-out-of-your-chair-hilarious and tears-on-your-tablet-heartbreaking.  I knew I would like it, because I was huge fan of the first book in the series, Lick, but I had no idea how much I would absolutely, whole-heartedly, unabashedly fall in love with it.

Love was a stupid word. I'd heard it from various people and it rarely meant what you thought it did. Somewhere along the way, that word had turned into a pleasantry, not profound and weighty as it should have been. No, Love wasn't what I felt. This was different, more complex. I couldn't even think of a word for it.

Malcolm 'Mal' Ericson is the stuff my dreams are made of and more.  He is hysterically funny, smoking hot, and a big, giant sweetheart of a teddy bear.  Plus he's a rockstar.

"I'm not sure I can stick my dick in a woman who doesn't even know who John Bonham is."
"'Stick your dick in'?" I asked, my brows probably touching.  "Did you actually just say that?"
"Make love.  I meant make love ... of course.  I would never just stick my dick in you.  I would make mad, passionate love to this sweet, sweet body of yours for days, no, weeks.  It would be beautiful, pumpkin.  There'd be little angels, and birdies, and you know ... all just hanging around, watching.  Perverts."

I am head over heels for Mal in a way I haven't been in a long time.  Massive book hangover.  I don't even want to start my next book, I just want to experience this one over again.  Mal is perfection and he will surely give me sweet dreams tonight.

Ben slung an arm over Mal's shoulders, ruffled his hair.  "Come find another toy."
"I am not a child." Mal pouted.
"How about her?"  Ben pointed to a sleek blonde who smiled and preened in response.  "I bet she'd like to meet you."
"Ooh, she's shiny."
"Why don't you go ask her what her name is?" suggested Ben, patting him on the back.
"Do I need to know her name?"
"I've heard it helps."
"Maybe for you," Mal scoffed.  "I just call out my own name during sex.

Anne Rollins is not without her merits either.  She's independent, hard-working, funny, and loyal.  She makes so much sense for Mal that everything else seems wrong.  Anne and Mal have a chemistry that sparks and burns the walls down, from the very first time they lay eyes on each other.

"Your cheeks have gone all rosy.  Are you thinking rude thoughts about me, Anne?"
"No."
"Liar," he taunted in a soft voice.  "You're totally thinking of me with no pants on."
I totally was.
"That's just gross, dude.  A massive invasion of my privacy."  He leaned in closer, his breath warming my ear.  "Whatever you're imagining, it's bigger."
"I'm not imagining anything."
"I'm serious.  It's basically a monster.  I cannot control it."
"Malcolm-"
"You're pretty much going to need a whip and chair to tame it, Anne."
"Stop it."
"That okay with you?"

They are both battling their own personal demons though and use each other as an escape and, initially, a ruse.

"Coward." Mal turned his face to the wall we shared with Nate and Lauren.  "You taste so fucking good."
"Like what?"  I asked breathlessly, thigh muscles tightening.  The man was lucky I didn't just attack him with my vagina.  "What do I taste like?"
"Well, like honey and cream and... I dunno, bread?"
I scrunched up my nose.  "Bread?"
"Yes.  Sexy bread that I could eat all the time because you are so delicious and full of wholegrain goodness."

I cannot tell you how many times I laughed out loud, sometimes until my stomach hurt.

I got him a bottle of water and a couple of pills and sat back on the side of the bed.  "Up.  Swallow."
He opened one bleary eye.  "I'll swallow if you will."
"You got it."
"You better mean that.  A man doesn't like to be lied to about that sort of thing."

I also cannot tell you the number of tears that fell in the second half of this book.  Kylie Scott is brilliant and Play is a sparkling, shining diamond that I won't soon forget about.  I am thrilled beyond words just imagining the future gems that Ms. Scott will produce.  She's a stunningly talented author and a cherished addition to my Favorite Authors club.  Lifetime membership awarded!  Read this book now!

"You guys, all so addicted to your mansions and fancy liven'.  Why Anne and I could live in a cardboard box and we wouldn't even notice, our love is so epic.  Isn't that right, pumpkin?"
"Um, yes?"
"See?"  Mal crowed.  "She's insanely psycho crazy about me.  Material things mean nothing in the face of such worshipful adoration."